2013 Household Carbon Footprint Survey
WIN OVER $2,000 IN PRIZES.
SAVE ON ENERGY BILLS.
1. I’m ready to do the survey! Let’s get started! Click here.
2. View your results / see how you compare to your neighbours.
3. Take the Household Challenge: Set a reduction target and create an action plan.
Over $2,000 in prizes and incentives!
All households that complete the survey
by December 1st, 2013 receive:
- a certificate from Options for Cars valid for $50 driving credits and waiver of the $25 smartkey deposit (for new members only) or a $10 credit for existing members
- a $45 credit for new members from AutoShare
- 10% off of most products* at Pape Home Hardware (674 Danforth Ave) for households in Ward 30 + 29 only. Does not apply to machinery or appliances; other exceptions may apply.
In addition, households that complete the survey by December 1st, 2013 will be entered into a draw for the following prizes (see below for details):
- 2 tickets to Merchants of Green Coffee school (approximate value $100)
- Three $100 gift certificates from the Big Carrot (approximate value $300)
- A gift certificate donated by TAS for 4 weeks of vegetable box home delivery from Fresh City (approximate $128)
- A VIP brewery tour for 10 people at Steam Whistle Brewing (approximate value $250)
- Two gift certificates for Custom Fresh Box deliveries from Front Door Organics (approximate value $84 each)
- Carbon emission offsets from Green Power Action to make a household carbon neutral for a year (approximate value $360)
- A conservation kit from Windfall Ecology Centre (approximate value $250)
- An energy audit (approximate value $150) from Windfall Ecology Centre.
- A green living basket from Bullfrog Power (estimated value $100)
- A 1 hour session with one of Project Neutral’s Carbon Coaches (estimated value $100)
- 2 pints of ice cream from Ed’s Real Scoop (approximate $15 value) (Residents in Ward 30 only)
- A two hour architecture consultation from Sustainable TO Architecture + Building (approximate $400 value) (Residents in Ward 30 only)
- An art supply gift basket from Above Ground Art Supplies (approximate $150 value) (Residents in Ward 13 only)
- 1.5 hr consultation with architect Melana Janzen (approximate $225 value) (Residents in Ward 13 only)
- See contest rules: Survey Rule 2013
- Once you complete the survey, an e-mail will be sent to you that confirms you have been entered into the contest.
- Merchants of Green Coffee Workshops: Prize winners will receive 2 passes to an exclusive coffee workshop with Coffee Expert Derek Zavislake, courtesy of Merchants of Green Coffee. Recipients will have their choice of attending one of our monthly classes including: Green Beans 101, the Art of Roasting, the Art of Brewing, and Coffee Cupping and Tasting. Prize value $100. For more info visit www.merchantsofgreencoffee.com or visit in person at: 2 Matilda St
- FDO’s Custom Fresh Box starts out as their weekly Basic selection but you get to make unlimited changes to it, picking and choosing from over 130 certified organic fruits and vegetables.
- Green Power Action’s household offset prize is valid for a maximum of 24 tonnes per household. For more information about how to offset your household carbon footprint click here: Green Power Action
- Windfall Ecology Centre’s conservation kit includes two LED night lights, 6 compact fluorescent light bulbs, outlet gaskets for draftproofing, pipe wrap, a handheld showerhead and 2 faucet aerators.
- To qualify for the energy audit, households must qualify for the Enbridge incentive (see Gettingto80.ca).
- A 1 hour session with one of Project Neutral’s Carbon Coaches includes a review of your Household Carbon Footprint Report and an overview of how to use the Household Challenge to set an emissions reduction goal and prioritize actions.
- AutoShare offer: Join AutoShare for only $29 and receive a $45 Plan Fee Credit. Participants will be e-mailed the promo code to be eligible to receive the offer once the survey has been submitted.
- Bullfrog Power’s Green Living Gift Basket includes the following:
- Bullfrog Power t-shirt
- Planet Forward reusable water bottle
- Planet Forward reusable shopping bag
- LUSH Charity Pot lotion
- Sustainable Earth by Staples sugarcane-based notebook
- Glass lunch container
- Reusable salad bag
- Twist Euro Sponge
- Bamboo ruler
- Recycled plastic white-out
- Eco Staple Free Stapler
- Taste of Nature bar
We would like to thank the following organisations for their generous support of the 2013 Household Carbon Footprint Survey. Click on the link to learn more about the organisations: